Over the past couple of weeks, WTA’s leadership has closely monitored the guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), news reports, as well as information provided by other expert sources regarding coronavirus (COVID-19). WTA’s primary focus is, and will always be, to ensure the health and safety of its members, staff, speakers and guests at our annual educational forums. Therefore, it is with an abundance of caution and care relating to the growing exposure to COVID-19 that we are cancelling our upcoming Spring Educational Forum scheduled for April 26-29, 2020, in Miramar Beach, Florida.
WTA is devastated that we will not have the opportunity to see everyone this April. We know that so many of you were looking forward to the opportunities to learn from peers and to reconnect with friends. However, considering the information available to us at this time we believe this is the most prudent and responsible action to take.
We are working on answers to questions regarding refunds for pre-paid registrations, sponsorships, lodging, airfare and confirmed speaking presentations. We will provide answers and updates as soon as we can.
In the meantime, we hope that you will start making plans to attend WTA’s Fall Educational Forum, September 27-30, in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Registration and hotel reservation information will be available in the coming weeks.
- REGISTRATION: WTA will provide information on the process to cancel in the coming days.
- LODGING: WTA is not responsible for making or canceling hotel reservations of speakers or attendees. To avoid forfeiting any deposit, you should contact the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa at 1-888-519-1395 to cancel your hotel reservation as soon as possible.
- AIRFARE: WTA advises you to refer to your airline carrier’s policies regarding any cancelation fees associated with your flight.
- SPEAKERS: WTA is grateful to all of our speakers for their willingness to share their expertise with our members. The call for topics is issued several months prior to each meeting and topics are selected based on issues currently impacting the industry. Topics selected for this Spring Forum may or may not roll over to the Fall Educational Forum. A new call for topics will be emailed to the Associate Membership in April for the Fall Educational Forum. If you are still interested in presenting your topic in the fall, please resubmit your proposal to Kelly Worthington (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please know that WTA also holds monthly webinar sessions, so if you would like to make your presentation during a webinar contact Kelly to work out the logistics.
- SPONSORSHIPS: WTA thanks our many sponsors for supporting the 2020 Spring Educational Forum. We will provide information on paid sponsorships soon.
- ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS: Please be patient as we work through this process. We will provide updates and answers to your questions as soon as we can. You can send all questions to email@example.com.