On March 23, representatives from WTA met with Jay Schwarz, Wireline Advisor to Chairman Pai. They discussed working with the Commission to ensure that certain CPNI rules eliminated in the 2016 Privacy Order are not resurrected should Congress succeed in eliminating the Order using the Congressional Review Act.
In addition, WTA:
- recommended eliminating or deferring the implementation of a $20 rate floor set for July 1, 2017,
- reiterated its support for full high-cost support funding for both the ACAM and RoR path,
- asked for clarification or revision of the Construction Allowance Adjustment,
- recommended action on the request made in its May 25, 2016 Petition for Reconsideration that the FCC provide clarification regarding the treatment of exchange sales, transfers of control and mergers that take place between ACAM Path and RoR Path companies in the same state after the two separate paths are implemented, and
- asked the FCC to act expeditiously on waiver petitions filed by RLECs seeking to consolidate multiple study areas within a single state.